Why You Need An Ideal Client ArchetypeJun 16, 2022
Seth Godin says, "When you speak to everyone, you speak to no one."
This quote was a catalyst that completely transformed my approach to growing my own business and helping others do the same.
It makes sense that as consultants and coaches with tons of skills, certifications, frameworks, and methodologies, our path to success is either narrowing down the services we offer or making our approach attractive to many potential clients. And the result is what I talked about in last week's episode – people don't get it when we speak and write about what we do.
So, what's the alternative? What's a better way to connect with clients?
Today, we're talking about Ideal Client Archetypes – what they are, why you need one, and what will hold you back from creating one.
In this episode, you'll hear:
- Why you need an ideal client archetype to bring in the right clients and scale
- How the ideal client archetype informs all of your marketing activities and changes how you FEEL about marketing
- Myths that keep consultants and coaches from using an ideal client archetype
In my last video, I promised to share five things you needed to know about your ideal client last week. But instead, I've decided to add this episode to lay the groundwork and build the case for why it's essential to deeply understand WHO your business serves and how it's the key step to getting into flow.
1. To start creating your ideal client, list everyone you have done fantastic work with and think about clients, former bosses, colleagues, and volunteer work. Next, identify what these people have in common regarding demographics, personality, and problems. What is the common thread?
2. Get curious when people reach out to you for help. Ask them about what's happening in their life, career, and business that makes them think of you. Probe more about the problem they are dealing with and why getting a solution matters to them.
3. Need help? Check out my end-to-end creative brand services at www.betsyjordyn.com/services or book a call with me for a free consult at www.betsyjordyn.com/schedule to get one-on-one help unearthing your ideal client and reaching this group through your branding, copy, and website.
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Betsy Jordyn https://www.linkedin.com/in/betsy-jordyn/
About me: Betsy Jordyn is the founder and CEO of Betsy Jordyn International, a boutique branding firm that offers personalized mentoring and end-to-end creative design services to help high-achieving, purpose-driven entrepreneurs build profitable consulting and coaching businesses that they love. Betsy is the host of the weekly Enough Already podcast, blog, and YouTube channel, with over 300 episodes. Through her company and her content, she is on a mission to empower accomplished professionals to make the shift from success to significance and achieve their full potential in their careers and in their personal lives.
Download my free guide on how to clarify and own your unique position in the crowded consulting and coaching market: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/opt-in
Learn more about my Brand Positioning and Messaging strategy services: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/services
Schedule a consult call to talk about what you need to do to get seen and paid as the expert you already are: https://betsyjordyn.as.me/schedule
Related Blog, Video, or Podcast Episode:
Are you interested in starting your own business or getting your existing consulting or coaching business to stand out in the marketplace? Then, check out my FREE resources to help you get instant traction and accelerate your success! Click here for free goodies.
Let's Stay Connected!
Actionable inspiration, expert interviews and behind-the-scenes consulting and coaching secrets and best practices and SO MUCH MORE, delivered to your inbox for a weekly dose of entrepreneurial motivation!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.