Five Things You Need To Know About Your Ideal Client (Ep39)
I'll never forget the first time I downloaded Pandora.
I set up my channel with my favorite song, and when the next song came on, I was so happy because it was another one of my favorites! And the next one was another hit I loved! Pandora just got me.
That is the power you'll unleash for your ideal clients when you do the work on your ideal clients.
You'll write copy that makes you feel like you were reading their minds – which is far more credibility-building than your latest certification or advanced degrees. And you'll create a product or service experience that makes them say, "This is what I need."
I realized I did a good job on my ideal client archetype this past week when I had two intro calls with people who said similar things. All my work pinpointing the person I want to serve helped me craft my programs - my services help people pull out their vision for their business and put it into words. And it's paying off because I'm attracting the people I love helping who need the gifts I love offering. It's a win-win.
And this is the goal we are after for you!
I want you to have such a clear picture of the person you want to serve that Lin-Manuel Miranda could use your ideal client archetype to write the next Hamilton about that person.
Today, we're talking about the five simple steps to developing your ideal client archetype, which builds on what we talked about in episodes 37 and 38, why people don't get it when you speak and write about what you do and what is ideal client archetype and why you need one. So if you missed either of these episodes, go back and listen.
Let's go from theory into practice and walk through the five simple steps to creating your ideal client archetype so you can have clarity on exactly who wants and needs your consulting and coaching, plus the person you'd love to work with. Create a win-win path for ease in your business.
In this episode, you'll hear:
- Why you should fill your pipeline with the person who you want to serve if you had it all your way
- The archetypal power alley of your ideal client and how it influences their motivations, desires, wants, and challenges
- How understanding your client's pain defines goals your client wants to achieve
- Why you need to know what holds your client back from solving their problems and achieving their goals and what's at stake if they don't get a solution
Where to dive in:
[1:42] How to write copy that makes prospective clients feel like you're reading their mind
[3:39] If you had it all your way? Who would you work with?
[6:45] What are the surface details about the person you want to serve? Hear how demographics are a key part of clarifying business models and needs.
[12:08] How your ideal archetype reveals the energy exchange that happens between you and your ideal client
[18:43] Do you know what your ideal client is in pain about and what motivates them to move?
[22:00] Hear why knowing your ideal client's limitations inform your products and services
[27:25] Hear the recap!
- Get into the head of your ideal client. The easiest solution is to talk to real, live clients and ask them meaningful questions to draw out of them their pain, goals, and limits and the words they use to describe this information. Along the way, you'll also get insight into what you do that they find valuable.
- Are you stuck in the "I" part of this process because you don't know who you want to serve with your business? Check out my word-finder related programs to help you with your brand, business clarity, and messaging. My branding program will help you get clear on who you help and the value you offer, and my website copy program will get you copy for your website and marketing. But the intersection of both of these programs is the messaging help I personally offer you. I will help you find the words that help you manifest the vision that is in your head. Learn more at www.betsyjordyn.com/services or book a call with me for a free consult at www.betsyjordyn.com/schedule.
About me: Betsy Jordyn is a Brand Positioning Strategist that helps consulting and coaching business owners clarify their brand positioning and messaging, create a website presence that positions them as sought-after experts, land clients with ease and integrity, and take their place as thought leaders and influencers in their niche. Her mission is to help consultants and coaches monetize their best-at strengths and authentic passions to make a bigger difference in the world. Check out her brand strategy, messaging, and design services at https://www.betsyjordyn.com
Download my free guide on how to clarify and own your unique position in the crowded consulting and coaching market: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/opt-in
Learn more about my Brand Positioning and Messaging strategy services: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/services
Schedule a consult call to talk about what you need to do to get seen and paid as the expert you already are: https://betsyjordyn.as.me/schedule
Related Blog, Video or Podcast Episode: