How To Create The Business and Life You Really Want In Your Second Act (Ep36)
Have you hit the top of your profession or exceeded your business goals and wondered what's next?
Tune in for insights and tips on taking the daring leap into your second act and the dramatic change that can lead to greater success, significance, and happiness.
I have big news, on May 14th, I got married to the absolute love of my life!
We went to Nantucket for our honeymoon, where I went ten years ago for a personal business retreat. It was also where I had the initial idea to pivot my business from consulting to executives to mentoring other consultants and coaches. It took me a long time to get here!
I can honestly say that I have a better life and business than I ever envisioned ten years ago. I had no idea that the superpowers I wanted to build my business on were my brand building and strengths-whispering gifts. Today, I've built a creative branding team who can turn the brand positioning strategy I help my clients create into an online platform that reflects the essence of who they are and magnetically appeals to the clients they most want to serve.
I also had no idea that the type of love that I have with my husband existed outside of the movies and books. So, as my husband and I had a magical time in Nantucket, I couldn't help but ponder my journey. I thought about what it took for me to go from Disney, to a profitable consulting business, to a business that I love, and from relationships that were not the best to the incredible ones I have now.
In this episode, you'll hear:
- The role and purpose of a second act and how to operate in the "already" but the "not yet"
- What you need to leave behind to step into your second act
- How to you navigate the nebulous journey from your first to the second act
- What it takes to create the business and life that you want
I share these musings with you because I want to share what's possible with anyone entering their second act! So if you have a career and are thinking about starting a business, or you have a business, but you want it to be more impactful, this episode is for you.
Where to dive in:
[04:12] The role and purpose of a second act. How to operate in the "already" but the "not yet."
[7:47] Tune in for what you have to leave behind to enter the second act.
[10:08] Why you need a mentor to succeed in the second act if you want to avoid unnecessary pain and struggle
[14:43] Hear about the values in the second act versus the third act and why they matter.
[17:15] Listen to the quick recap and an important reminder about why you have to go through your second act to reach act three.
- Visit my blog to see pictures of my magical wedding and honeymoon. See more here.
- If you want more from your career, business, and life than what you're experiencing, look at what you're holding on to that no longer serves you. Again, no judgment here – I did that for years, but I promise you the life you want won't appear until we let go of the life we don't want.
- If you're sick and tired of doing all of this business and life transformation on your own and ready for a more personalized branding approach, contact me! You can check out my programs at www.betsyjordyn.com and then schedule a call with me from my website.
About me: Betsy Jordyn is a Brand Positioning Strategist that helps consulting and coaching business owners clarify their brand positioning and messaging, create a website presence that positions them as sought-after experts, land clients with ease and integrity, and take their place as thought leaders and influencers in their niche. Her mission is to help consultants and coaches monetize their best-at strengths and authentic passions to make a bigger difference in the world. Check out her brand strategy, messaging, and design services at https://www.betsyjordyn.com
Download my free guide on how to clarify and own your unique position in the crowded consulting and coaching market: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/opt-in
Learn more about my Brand Positioning and Messaging strategy services: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/services
Schedule a consult call to talk about what you need to do to get seen and paid as the expert you already are: https://betsyjordyn.as.me/schedule
Related Blog, Video or Podcast Episode: