Secrets of Consulting ExcellenceNov 17, 2022
Ready to take your place as a trusted advisor and strategic partner to the C-Suite?
Today, I am sharing my secrets to working with the C-Suite in this first episode of my new Organizational Consulting 101 Series.
More and more people want to leave corporate to start their own consulting or coaching businesses for so many reasons:
- They want control over their career, time, and earning power
- They want to make a significant difference
- They want to help younger versions of themselves, or they want to create healthier work environments
And out of all the businesses they could start, many choose to consult or coach because of the difference they want to make in the world.
So, to achieve these impact and income goals – they want to advise influential senior leaders in organizations.
Marketing and all things related to marketing and getting clients are the #1 pain point for new and seasoned consultants and coaches. And this is a pain point we're all aware of as we make the transition from employee to entrepreneur, but there's more involved with this marketing challenge than meets the eye.
A second challenge is the transition from leader to consultant or coach, which is a whole new job requiring very different skill sets and perspectives, which I'll share more about in this episode.
Before I hosted this business podcast and had my brand positioning, messaging, mentoring, and brand marketing agency, I was an internal organization development consultant at Walt Disney World.
Disney is where I got my start. I had the great fortune of landing this dream job when I was about to turn 30 years old, and I had the opportunity to work with and advise exceptional leaders on visible, strategic projects like the DAK brand relaunch and the Basics project.
When I left Disney to start my own business, I grew it quickly from $0-$300K within 18 months because I knew how to work with executives and their teams. I learned how to influence them and create results without positional authority. And I'll be sharing these fundamental principles in this episode.
In this episode, you'll hear:
- How your role as a consultant or coach is NOT as a contract worker or extra pair of hands
- Why your client is not the organization
- Why your position will never be on the org chart
- Why orgs don't care about your title of consultant, coach, or trainer
- One of the main reasons people fail as consultants to the C-Suite
Only personally powerful consultants and coaches can speak truth to power. Tune in for the secrets you need to succeed in the C-Suite.
- Download my free quiz will help you assess your current level of political savvy and five other attributes of in-demand, influential organizational consultants, coaches, and executive advisors. www.betsyjordyn.com/consulting-quiz
- If your marketing messages and strategies aren’t getting you in front of the corporate buyers you want, let’s work on this. Head to my website at www.betsyjordyn.com/services to learn more about my 1:1 business and brand strategy mentoring. When you’re over there, you can also learn more about the brand-new group coaching/mastermind experience I’m launching in January. Early bird pricing is available now.
- Next week, I’ll be talking about the Pair of Hands positioning trap (and other positioning traps) that way too many consultants and coaches fall into that keep them from influencing the change that they know is possible for their clients and earning what they worth. So hit subscribe now wherever you’re listening, so you don’t miss it. And be sure to let your colleagues who want to work with executives know about it too.
My FREE Masterclass, How to Make Money and a Difference as an Organizational Consultant, will walk you through my proven framework for landing clients and influencing executives in organizations like Disney, Wyndham, and AAA. You’ll discover the single solution for achieving both your impact and income goals.
Organizational consulting and coaching is the ideal career path for high-achieving professionals who want to achieve both success and significance. And if you’re not sure where to start, you’ve come to the right place. Register for my FREE Masterclass and get ready to take your place as a trusted, sought-after advisor to the C-Suite.
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Betsy Jordyn https://www.linkedin.com/in/betsy-jordyn/
About me: Betsy Jordyn is the founder and CEO of Betsy Jordyn International, a boutique branding firm that offers personalized mentoring and end-to-end creative design services to help high-achieving, purpose-driven entrepreneurs build profitable consulting and coaching businesses that they love. Betsy is the host of the weekly Enough Already podcast, blog, and YouTube channel, with over 300 episodes. Through her company and her content, she is on a mission to empower accomplished professionals to make the shift from success to significance and achieve their full potential in their careers and in their personal lives.
Download my free guide on how to clarify and own your unique position in the crowded consulting and coaching market: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/opt-in
Learn more about my Brand Positioning and Messaging strategy services: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/services
Schedule a consult call to talk about what you need to do to get seen and paid as the expert you already are: https://betsyjordyn.as.me/schedule
Related Blog, Video, or Podcast Episode:How To Explain What You Do with Clarity and Confidence
How to Make Your Contacts Count with Vern Schellenger
What Is A Brand And Why Do You Need One?
Let's Stay Connected!
Actionable inspiration, expert interviews and behind-the-scenes consulting and coaching secrets and best practices and SO MUCH MORE, delivered to your inbox for a weekly dose of entrepreneurial motivation!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.