How to Make Your Contacts Count with Vern SchellengerOct 06, 2022
When it comes to networking, have you thought, "I know I need to network, but I just can't bring myself to do it?"
If so, don't worry; you are not alone! However, if you are experiencing those thoughts, you are networking wrong!
Today, I am talking to Vern Schellenger, president of the premier networking training and coaching company Contacts Count.
My team and I have worked with Vern for the last few months on his brand positioning, messaging, copy, and website design. My work with him has permanently changed how I see and approach networking.
Vern showed me with a few minor tweaks in mindset and skills that I could not only get good at networking but come to enjoy it!
I invited Vern on the show because I want you to discover simple shifts that will help you fill your network with potential clients who are the perfect fit for your business!
In this interview, you'll hear:
- A better way to network that builds authentic relationships, regardless of your personality type
- How to approach networking strategically so you get better results
- Big mistakes consultants and coaches make when networking
Ready to make your contacts count? Let's do this!
- If you want to see the Contacts Count approach in action, join me next week, where Vern puts me on the hot seat. In this unique on-air coaching session, you will see how to create your own networking strategy to help you achieve your goals. Hit subscribe now wherever you listen, so you don't miss it.
- And if you need help as Vern did on how to describe the unique value of what he does and create a website experience that reflects that value, I would love to help you. Check out my branding and messaging services at www.betsyjordyn.com/services.
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Betsy Jordyn https://www.linkedin.com/in/betsy-jordyn/
- Vern Schellenger https://www.linkedin.com/in/vern-schellenger/
About the guest: Vern Schellenger is a master networker, career coach, sports junkie, and music lover. Vern is also the CEO of Contacts Counts. The 8 competencies developed by Contacts Count contain skills, behaviors, tools, and strategies you can learn to make networking an Art not an Accident. He is a passionate advocate for training and coaching individuals and teams to become more effective when they are networking and building relationships. Vern believes that networking and building relationships can be easy, fun, and a game changer!
About me: Betsy Jordyn is the founder and CEO of Betsy Jordyn International, a boutique branding firm that offers personalized mentoring and end-to-end creative design services to help high-achieving, purpose-driven entrepreneurs build profitable consulting and coaching businesses that they love. Betsy is the host of the weekly Enough Already podcast, blog, and YouTube channel, with over 300 episodes. Through her company and her content, she is on a mission to empower accomplished professionals to make the shift from success to significance and achieve their full potential in their careers and in their personal lives.
Download my free guide on how to clarify and own your unique position in the crowded consulting and coaching market: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/opt-in
Learn more about my Brand Positioning and Messaging strategy services: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/services
Schedule a consult call to talk about what you need to do to get seen and paid as the expert you already are: https://betsyjordyn.as.me/schedule
Related Blog, Video, or Podcast Episode:
Are you interested in starting your own business or getting your existing consulting or coaching business to stand out in the marketplace? Then, check out my FREE resources to help you get instant traction and accelerate your success! Click here for free goodies.
Let's Stay Connected!
Actionable inspiration, expert interviews and behind-the-scenes consulting and coaching secrets and best practices and SO MUCH MORE, delivered to your inbox for a weekly dose of entrepreneurial motivation!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.