Developing Confidence as a Consulting & Coaching Business Owner (Ep9)
The #1 thing that stands in the way of a great leadership career and an even better consulting and coaching business isn't lack of luck, talent, or even ambition - it's a lack of confidence.
But what is confidence? And how do you get it?
We unpack confidence in this episode so you can move forward with assurance.
I'll reveal what confidence really is (it's not what you think) and actionable strategies you can use RIGHT NOW to develop yours.
This is the third episode of my Getting Started in Consulting and Coaching series.
Where to dive in:
[2:00] Hear about what makes people take the leap and work with our team. It surprised us and gave us insight into what we needed to hone.
[6:38] What is confidence? It's not an "I can do anything" attitude. It's not arrogance. Learn what true confidence is and how to use it to your advantage.
[8:02] Hear how confidence relates to courage. Do you trust yourself? How do you act on confidence? I cover how we can build on true confidence and propel ourselves into courageous action. You'll also hear how this relates to consulting and coaching.
[9:10] The transition from executive to consulting and coaching is multifaceted. To tackle this transition, you need to develop confidence and trust in yourself.
[11:36] Hear about the deep and historical role of the consultant or coach. Do you own your new professional identity as a change agent? You should! Hear why.
[14:07] How to develop confidence and trust in your new development with money. Tune in for concrete actions you can take to improve your new relationship with money and why this is so important.
[17:58] Develop confidence and trust in a new way of developing results. Do you have a process you can trust? How do you measure success? Hear actions that will help you gain confidence in your processes.
[23:11] Find a new way of accessing support. Losing support is one of the most challenging things about becoming an entrepreneur. Tune in for what to keep in mind when choosing your support team.
- Build your confidence so you can build your business. Choose an action item from this podcast and implement one idea today.
- Download my step-by-step roadmap and checklist on how to start your business and get it set up for stability and scale: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/opt-in
- Subscribe, so you don't miss the next three episodes in this series.
About me: The Enough Already podcast is hosted by Betsy Jordyn. My marketing agency and mentoring firm helps consulting and coaching business owners clarify their brand messaging and positioning, create a website presence that position them as sought-after experts, land clients with ease and integrity and take their place as thought leaders and influencers in their niche. Our mission is to help consultants and coaches monetize their best-at strengths and authentic passions to make a bigger difference in the world. Check out our marketing agency services, mentoring programs and courses at https://www.betsyjordyn.com
Links mentioned in this episode:
- For a big boost of validation and confidence building while learning about how we can work together, schedule a free intro call with us: betsyjordyn.com/schedule
- Download a FREE step-by-step guide and checklist on the profitable actions for confidently launching and growing your own business: betsyjordyn.com/opt-in
- Build your breakthrough brand and your marketing and sales system: betsyjorydn/services
Related Blog, Video or Podcast Episode: