J. Jeff Kober’s Insider Secrets Behind Disney’s Performance ExcellenceFeb 08, 2024
A deep dive into the strategies behind the Disney magic (and how to use them to enhance your consulting or coaching success)
Want to know a secret? Many people think that what has led to Disney’s incredible success over the years is its unique creativity. And while there are departments that are extremely creative, it’s Disney’s intentionality in their approach to everything that they do is the real reason for its long-term success.
Here’s why I’m telling you this. There are a lot of companies that aspire to what Disney has accomplished. And there are just as many consultants and coaches who want to help them on their journey towards leadership, team, and organizational performance excellence.
And lucky for you, here to take you backstage and show you the ins and outs of Disney’s approach to customer and employee engagement is J. Jeff Kober. Jeff is a former Disney leader and Disney Institute trainer turned consultant and author who has mastered how to apply and scale the Disney principles to organizations of all sizes and industries.
In this episode, Jeff tells you all about his experience repackaging his Disney career into his own business as well as:
- [2:13]: Why following your passions leads to an extraordinary career — even if your ultimate destination isn't clear yet.
- [16:10]: When to pivot your career from employment to entrepreneurship for greater impact and fulfillment
- [20:34]: Strategies for building a business out of the best of your career and leveraging your best-at-strengths
- [27:05]: What is the Chain Reaction of Excellence and how it’s the secret behind Disney’s magical guest experiences
- [32:26]: Why can dysfunctional organizations be transformed if they prioritize employee engagement first, even amidst retention challenges.
- [36:39]: How meticulously attending to every aspect of your client’s experience will ensure your consulting or coaching business flourishes
- [43:55]: Why passion for what you do and following the “compass of your heart” is a key driver of your success – for you and your clients
Before you think that a business needs Disney’s brand reputation and budget to create an organization that delivers exceptional leadership, employee, and customer excellence (including your consulting or coaching business), tune in to this episode for applicable and transferable Disney best practices.
And when you’re done listening, I got a brand-new freebie. It’s a curated playlist of my Enough Already episodes that reveal even more Disney secrets, as well as downloadable resources, eBooks, and tools you can use right now to enhance your success as an organizational consultant or coach. Click here to get instant access: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/disney
About My Guest:
J. Jeff is the President of Performance Journeys, a training and development group devoted to improving performance and learning in the workplace. He is also CEO of World Class Benchmarking, where he provides a programming series that benchmarks many of America's greatest organizations, such as Nordstrom, Ritz-Carlton, and Disney. (Add his URL)
The Enough Already podcast is hosted by Betsy Jordyn. I’m an ex-Disney consultant turned business mentor and brand messaging strategist who helps consulting and coaching business owners clarify their brand messaging and positioning, create a website presence that positions them as sought-after experts, land clients with ease and integrity, and take their place as thought leaders and influencers in their niche. Go to www.betsyjordyn.com to learn more about how I empower consultants and coaches to monetize their best-at-strengths and authentic passions to make a bigger difference in the world.
Related Podcast Episodes:
Let's Stay Connected!
Actionable inspiration, expert interviews and behind-the-scenes consulting and coaching secrets and best practices and SO MUCH MORE, delivered to your inbox for a weekly dose of entrepreneurial motivation!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.