How Much It Costs to Start and Run a Consulting and Coaching Business with Jen HamiltonOct 21, 2021
How much does it REALLY cost to start and run a profitable consulting or coaching business?
Jen Hamilton and I talk about what it takes.
Jen Hamilton is a business coach that helps coaches and consultants build a business foundation that generates ongoing revenue. Using her background as a former certified public accountant with Price Waterhouse Coopers and as a small business advisor, she helps clients connect their business goals and financial investments.
If you’re anything like me, money questions are a constant companion at each stage of the entrepreneurial journey. So raise your hand if angst around how quickly you can replace your salary with business revenue or how to balance investing in your business vs. paying your bills keeps you up at night.
Yep. I’ve been there.
Here’s the thing – ditching the 9-5 for running your own business isn’t just a transformation of your career. It’s a transformation of your relationship to money. That’s why knowing what to invest in can be confusing.
Watch this video to discover how to best align your financial investments with both the immediate and long-term goals you have for your business.
And then download a special spreadsheet Jen helped me create so you can set your business development budget. It includes my recommended tools and resources around consulting business start up costs.
To get your free financial planning tool - go to https://www.betsyjordyn.com/budget
In this episode, you'll get information to help you understand:
- How to invest in the right mentor to guide you to the next level
- How to stop losing your WHY and motivation by waisting money on DIY tactical work
- How to invest in yourself and your business build so you can skip over referrals that eventually dry up
- The ins and outs of start up costs for a consulting business
- How to save yourself from yourself by investing in the wrong tactics for your business
- Decide if you want a business or want to do some consulting or coaching on the side. Make sure your investment matches the time you hope to get out of it.
- Get the RIGHT advice from the RIGHT mentor. Align yourself with someone who has been where you're going.
- Invest in your business build right the first time.
About my Guest: Jen Hamilton helps coaches and consultants build a business foundation that generate ongoing revenue. Through her background as a certified public accountant with Price Waterhouse Coopers and as a small business advisor, she helps clients connect the dots between their business goals and their financial investments. You can find out more about Jen’s extensive background at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenniferdawnhamilton/
About Me: My marketing agency and mentoring firm helps consulting and coaching business owners clarify their brand messaging and positioning, create a website presence that position them as sought-after experts, land clients with ease and integrity and take their place as thought leaders and influencers in their niche. Our mission is to help consultants and coaches monetize their best-at strengths and authentic passions to make a bigger difference in the world. Check out our marketing agency services, mentoring programs and courses at https://www.betsyjordyn.com
- Download our FREE guide to kickstarting your entrepreneurial journey and building a business that makes money and a difference: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/opt-in
- Learn more about our Brand Messaging & Positioning program: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/messaging-positioning
- Schedule a consult call to talk about creating your consulting and coaching brand and profitable business: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/schedule
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Betsy Jordyn https://www.linkedin.com/in/betsy-jordyn/
- Jen Hamilton https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenniferdawnhamilton/
Related Blog, Video or Podcast Episode:
Let's Stay Connected!
Actionable inspiration, expert interviews and behind-the-scenes consulting and coaching secrets and best practices and SO MUCH MORE, delivered to your inbox for a weekly dose of entrepreneurial motivation!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.