From C-Suite Executive to C-Suite Coach with Adam SchwartzOct 14, 2021
Adam Schwartz was an experienced Chief Communications Officer for a $3b global hospitality company when he unexpectedly got laid off. When he got opportunities, he knew he didn't want to take another corporate job.
He wanted to do his own thing, but he didn't know what that was.
This sacred crossroads is where he and I started to work on his brand messaging and positioning. And instead of the typical two months, it wound up taking four years - which was precisely the right thing for Adam.
Watch our extremely vulnerable and open conversation where Adam and I talk about:
- Why he resisted what felt like the logical lure of taking his functional expertise and turning it into a consulting business
- How he figured out that coaching to the C-Suite was the ideal path for him (and what he had been doing all along)
- Why listening to your gut and honoring your intuition is the best approach to never working again
- Adam's 3-step coaching model and how authenticity is the result is the journey of knowing yourself, loving yourself, and trusting yourself
He made me tear up when he said, "I'm thankful for the part you played on this journey with me. I don't know if I would be here without it. But there are people in our everyday lives that serve a greater purpose. There are people around us in big ways and little ways that turn us in the right direction, and they are turning us back to ourselves. And that's what you have done for me."
- Do the work to know yourself, so you're ready to stand up to criticism. Your opinion is the only one that matters.
- Don't jump on opportunities just because they are available. Go slow to go fast and take the time to start a business that is true to you.
- Contact someone to support you on your journey from corporate to coaching or consulting. The right person will help you look inward to find the answers.
About My Guest: Adam Schwartz has a passion for helping high-level leaders transform critical challenges into catalysts for greater professional growth and personal success. Combining an extensive executive management background with a coaching practice rooted in self-knowledge and awareness, Adam helps leaders “read the road ahead” with greater clarity, confidence and intention.
Adam has spent his entire career helping leaders position themselves for greater success. Beginning as a Press Secretary on Capitol Hill and later as Chief Communications Officer for a $3B global hospitality firm, Adam has developed a keen ability to help leaders navigate complex issues with competing agendas. As a coach and advisor, he specializes in helping clients apply a greater understanding of self to the practice of leading and empowering others. Connect with Adam on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/schwartzcoach/
About Me: My marketing agency and mentoring firm helps consulting and coaching business owners clarify their brand messaging and positioning, create a website presence that position them as sought-after experts, land clients with ease and integrity and take their place as thought leaders and influencers in their niche. Our mission is to help consultants and coaches monetize their best-at strengths and authentic passions to make a bigger difference in the world. Check out our marketing agency services, mentoring programs and courses at https://www.betsyjordyn.com
- Download our FREE guide to kickstarting your entrepreneurial journey and building a business that makes money and a difference: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/opt-in
- Learn more about our Brand Messaging & Positioning program: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/messaging-positioning
- Schedule a consult call to talk about creating your consulting and coaching brand and profitable business: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/schedule
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Betsy Jordyn https://www.linkedin.com/in/betsy-jordyn/
- Adam Schwartz https://www.linkedin.com/in/
Related Blog, Video or Podcast Episode:
Let's Stay Connected!
Actionable inspiration, expert interviews and behind-the-scenes consulting and coaching secrets and best practices and SO MUCH MORE, delivered to your inbox for a weekly dose of entrepreneurial motivation!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.