20 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Starting Your Own BusinessFeb 04, 2020
As a business mentor, I obviously get asked all the time, "How do you start your own business?"
But the question I WISH I was asked all the time is, "How do you start the RIGHT business?"
Now that's a question! Sure, you need to know the smart and strategic steps to transition from corporate leadership to business ownership. But why settle for just a successful business when you can have a business that also delivers significance, purpose and meaning to your own life and the world?
Related: The Five Steps to a Business Launch
It takes literally the same amount of money, time and effort to build an off-purpose business as an on-purpose one. So, don't limit what is possible for you.
Use my questions to help you start the RIGHT business, for the RIGHT reasons...in the RIGHT way.
The Smart Startup Questions
Below are 20 smart questions that you should ask yourself to ensure that you have a business that you and your future clients will love.
- Why do you want your own business? What will this business do for your career and your life?
- What's the passion that is welling up in you? What's inspiring you?
- Why is now the time to get serious about your business development?
- Whose lives/businesses are going to be changed as a result of your business?
- What future vision of the world will you and your business help bring to life?
- What does your business support your total life priorities? What will your day-to-day life look like?
- What are your business goals in terms of revenue and size?
- Why are you the one to build the business you envision?
- Who are the people your business serves?
- What are their day-to-day lives like?
- What problems do they need solved that spark you into action and compassion?
- What keeps them up at night? What are they struggling with?
- What is their dream outcome or solution?
- What do they believe in and value?
- What’s their worldview?
- What will they pay you for?
- Who else is serving your ideal clients and offering similar services?
- How is what you want to offer distinct from others?
- Do I have the skills and tools required to build this business? If no, am I willing to do what it takes to get them?
- Am I willing to push myself beyond any fears or self-limiting beliefs about my money and worth and commit myself to my business success?
Starting a business can change your life. It will empower you to take control over your career, time and earning potential.
Starting the RIGHT business can change your impact and satisfaction. It will allow you to make the most of your best-at strengths and deepest held passions to make the difference that you envision in the world.
You don't have to choose between purpose and profits. You can have it all. IF you take the time to dig deep into your heart and uncover what is authentically there and cultivate the courage to make it real.
Let's Stay Connected!
Actionable inspiration, expert interviews and behind-the-scenes consulting and coaching secrets and best practices and SO MUCH MORE, delivered to your inbox for a weekly dose of entrepreneurial motivation!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.