Why It's Hard To See Your Strengths (Ep25)
Do you have a hard time seeing and valuing your strengths?
I'm super-excited about this brand-new series I'm starting - Owning Your Strengths.
You'll discover why this is a common challenge, especially for consultants and coaches. You'll also get practical first steps on how to jump this hurdle and get to your zone of genius.
I hope you get out of the series what my clients love the most about the brand messaging and positioning work we do together – insight into and acceptance of who you truly are in your core and the value that only you can create for others.
When you don't just know your strengths but own them, you can:
- Build a business that you love and are excited about creating.
- Be clear on how you stand out and be confident when sharing what you do.
- Be bolder in your marketing and choose the type of strategies to attract clients to you vs. accepting whatever comes along.
- Ask clients to work with you without hesitation and pay you what you're worth without apology.
- Stop working because it doesn't feel like work when you do what you love.
Where to dive in:
[4:56] Common reasons why it's hard to see your strengths.
[7:26] Why owning strengths is uniquely challenging for consultants and coaches.
[11:17] What makes a strength become a superpower?
[12:30] Get the quick recap.
[14:15] Where to start to understand your superpower.
1. Think deeper about the compliments you receive and ask more questions. Go beyond things like "you're so punctual" and listen to what they experience as a superpower and why.
2. Look broadly at your track record of success. Don't just look at your formal responsibilities, but what you informally do could indicate the strengths you should build the business on.
3. Want personal help tapping into your superpowers and using them as a foundation of your business? Check out my Brand Positioning and Mentoring program. This program is for new and seasoned consultants and coaches. You will gain clarity and confidence in the value of what you do and the words to express that value so you can attract and convert clients with ease and consistency.
About Me: The Enough Already podcast is hosted by Betsy Jordyn. I'm a Brand Positioning Strategist that helps consulting and coaching business owners clarify their brand positioning and messaging, create a website presence that positions them as sought-after experts, land clients with ease and integrity, and take their place as thought leaders and influencers in their niche. My mission is to help consultants and coaches monetize their best-at strengths and authentic passions to make a bigger difference in the world. Check out my brand strategy, messaging, and design services at https://www.betsyjordyn.com
Download my free guide on how to clarify and own your unique position in the crowded consulting and coaching market: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/opt-in
Learn more about my Brand Positioning and Messaging strategy services: https://www.betsyjordyn.com/services
Schedule a consult call to talk about what you need to do to get seen and paid as the expert you already are: https://betsyjordyn.as.me/schedule
Related Blog, Video or Podcast Episode: